Chicken meat is a healthy and affordable product. Try to cook it in Moroccan style.
To cook Moroccan chicken, you will not need much time and you should not look for exotic ingredients. Therefore, if all the traditional ways of roasting chicken have already been tried, you can try something new.
- Boneless chicken pieces with skin (legs or thighs) – 12 pieces
- lemon peel – 30 g (canned is used in the original recipe, but fresh is also suitable)
- anise – 2 stars
- red onion – 2 pieces.
- chicken broth – 1/2 liter
- seedless green olives – 200 g
- olive oil – 3 tablespoons. l.
- cinnamon – 2 sticks
- ground cumin – 1 tbsp. l.
- ground turmeric – 1 tablespoon. l.
In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the diced onion with the cinnamon, cumin and turmeric in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken to the onions and spices and fry until golden brown. Add the lemon, anise and broth, let everything simmer, cover and place in the preheated oven at 170-180 degrees for 45 minutes.
Then add the green olives, mix, cover and put back in the oven for 20 minutes.
It is recommended to sprinkle the finished dish with fresh herbs before serving.
Rice, vegetables or any kind of cereal is suitable as a side dish. The classic Moroccan chicken dish is, of course, couscous.