a. The draw for the quarterfinals of the Champions League brought Real Madrid and Chelsea, who met last season – Tuchel already waiting for a difficult journey at the Bernabeu. Atlético will face Man City: Real Madrid good feelingand Guardiola was impressed by how powerful Simeone’s team was looked against Manchester United. The first matches will take place on April 5-6, the return matches on April 12-13.
2. In the Europa League Barcelona will face Eintracht, and Mirançuk’s Atalanta with Tedesco’s Leipzig. Well, in the Conference League Rome is looking forward to another meeting with Boude-Glimt (in the group, Romans flew 1: 6), and Leicester reached PSV.
3.CAS refused to overturn the FIFA decision leave the Russian nationals. There is less and less hope it remains to believe in the petition for postponing matches.
4. Strange day in the Gagarin Cup – Avangard sent 8 (eight!) balls “Metallurg” – Magnitogorsk crashed from the beginning after STRIKE 5 + 20 and conceded goal in the second minute. In the second match SKA in St. Petersburg has scored six goals by Spartacus. So Roman Rotenberg’s invincible series is over in the play-offs.
5. 200 thousand people gathered in Luzhniki for a concert in honor of Crimea. They write that event attended by more spectators than during the 2018 World Cup. came sisters Averina, Rylov, Bolshunov (for this he had to lose the race in the “Russian Olympians” competitions), and the presenters were Guberniev and Sittel.
6. March 21 scheduled Meeting of the Minister of Sports Oleg Matytsin with athletes. By participating in Maria Lasitskene refused AND Angelica Sidorova.
7. Commentator Sergei Krivoharchenko leaves Match TV.
8. NHL. “Washington” beat “Carolina” (4: 3 B), Ovechkin scored the 769th goalconverted the winning bullet and set a historical record at points between the left wings (1395). Kuznetsov also scored and extended series of matches with points up to 8.
Colorado beat San Jose (5: 3), Nichushkin put a double and updated a personal best on points for the season. All the results of the day here.
9. Tek “Krasava” serious financial difficulties due to the departure of sponsors – to save the team Evgeny Savin sold the apartment.
10. “Spartacus” decided to limit cooperation with Match TV due to “a one-sided approach to coverage and breach of ethics”.
11. Haaland Agreement in total will cost 355m euros. Erling suspects that he it’s worth playing near Mbappes and Benzemabecause he wants to be the main star of the project.
12. NBA. Durant’s 38 points helped Brooklyn beat Portland, LeBron’s 36 points helped the Lakers beat Toronto in extra time, and other results.
13. At the age of 45 years Former Spartak and Shakhtar player Oleksiy Bakharev has died.
14. A bill has been submitted to the State Duma, strengthening the concept of “sports industry”.
Quotes of the day
Tatyana Tarasova: “Local sports without international starts will not take place. Isolation will lead to global decline “
Simon Fourcade on the departure of the Russians: “The question is not only about sports, it is a political issue. “I do not think the suspension is the right decision.”
Tsele Morozov’s Player: “Russian footballers are not expected abroad. “They are not listed due to high expectations and demands.”