There are recipes that immediately turn you back to childhood and make you immerse yourself in pleasant memories. The famous “Turtle” cake is a well-known masterpiece of sweets that can be easily prepared at home not only for an adult, but also with children. The “Turtle” recipe involves baking light cakes, which are then dipped in a delicate sour cream sauce. In the end you just have to shape and decorate as you wish.
Ingredients for four servings:
- eggs – 6 pieces;
- sugar – 1.5 cups;
- cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons. l .;
- soda – 1 tablespoon;
- flour – 2.5-3 cups;
- sour cream – 400 g;
- condensed boiled milk – 200 g;
- butter – 100 g;
- chocolate (chocolate cream) – 100 g.
How to make the famous turtle cake:
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until they become fluffy. Beat for a few minutes. Add baking soda or baking powder and mix.
- Add cocoa powder and a glass of flour, beat with a mixer. Then add the rest of the flour and beat again.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and toss the dough with a spoon over it in the shape of some cakes. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes.
- For the cream mix the yoghurt, boiled condensed milk and softened butter. Beat with a mixer until the mass turns into a smooth homogeneous mass.
- Remove ready-made cakes from the oven. Put five of them aside and coat the rest warm in the cream and place a sliding dish.
- From the remaining sweets, make a head, paws and tail for the “turtles”. Draw the eyes and mouth with chocolate or chocolate cream.
- Pour the rest of the cream over the cake and decorate with chocolate cream. Optionally, you can add other decorations, such as fruits, nuts or dragees.
- To moisten the cake, you need to leave it in the fridge for two to four hours. After that, the “Turtle” cake will be completely ready.
Earlier, the website Profile.ru published another recipe for the famous cake, known to many since childhood. Sour cream, cocoa, condensed milk, eggs and other ingredients are also needed for its preparation.