Pet requirements include:
– compliance of the conditions for keeping pets with their biological, species and individual characteristics, meeting their natural needs;
– ensuring the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and elimination of pet diseases in accordance with the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of veterinary medicine.
Owners and responsible persons are expected to provide pets with conditions that do not allow them to cause distress, endanger the health of humans, animals and harm others.
The following pets are not allowed:
– in public places, in places of detention contrary to the requirements of the legislation of the Republic in the field of responsible treatment of animals and health care;
– in public places (stairs, basements, attics, adjacent balconies, loggias and utility rooms for shared use);
– in neighboring territories (with the exception of neighboring territories of individual residential buildings);
– in kitchens and guest halls.
Owners should also monitor and prevent pets from contaminating residential and non-residential premises, including condominiums, public places, and environmental damage.
He also points out that keeping pets in an apartment (individual dwelling building, apartment, dormitory room, modular (mobile) dwelling building, occupied by several families, is carried out with the consent of all adult family members living, taking consider medical contraindications.
Keeping pets in the territories of garden, horticultural, dacha, holiday home cooperatives is allowed in accordance with the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of health care.
Pets are not allowed to be left unattended. If supervision is not possible, the pet owner or responsible person:
– place an animal for temporary keeping in a shelter for pets;
– transfers it for temporary maintenance to third parties;
– places in a zoo hotel.
If it is impossible to keep the pet further, the owner and the responsible person will take measures for further adjustment of the pet.
At the same time, dogs should be kept in conditions that exclude their own walking and attacks on humans and animals. In the absence of such conditions, the dog should be on a bird or leash.
When walking pets, owners and responsible persons must comply with the following requirements:
– the pet walk is performed with a chain not more than 2 meters in length, without muzzles in unmarked walking areas with a stop sign, while the pet owner has a muzzle with him, which is immediately put on the dog if necessary;
– close the gorge in time and adjust the appropriate length of the chain in the walking areas set by the local executive bodies;
– walk a pet without causing disturbance and interference to others;
– when crossing the roads, near the highways, the pet is muzzled and handled with a short chain, not more than 1.5 meters, to avoid traffic accidents and the death of the animal on the road;
– in the absence of prohibitory inscriptions, the dog is muzzled and the animal is handled with a short chain, not more than 1.5 meters;
– to leave a dog with a leash and muzzle in a short chain not more than 1.5 meters, with the exception of arbitrary release, near the building for the time during which the owner is inside this building, if there is no threat to the public.
In the territory of the residence is not allowed:
– dogs that walk on their own;
– Walking pets and staying with them in public places and transport by persons who are not able to control their behavior, including those who are in a state of abuse with alcohol, narcotics, substances;
– walking pets in the territories of preschools, education, physical culture and sports and medical, medical, cultural organizations, playgrounds for children and sports and in areas where there are signs prohibited that are not intended for walking;
– walking pets in areas where people are allowed to swim;
– washing and bathing of pets in areas where people are allowed to bathe, in ponds, fountains and water intakes;
– finding and keeping pets in public hotel facilities (except service dogs and guide dogs for the visually impaired).
Order enters into force on July 24, 2022.